basic questions need answering big time...

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

basic questions need answering big time...

Postby coach606 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:37 pm

Okay, so I have a pansat stb. I setup with the usb-uirt. I programed the buttons using my pansat remote. Now what? It doesn't change channels on my stb when I click on something in sage.

Secondly, If I'm using the remote, it tends to directly command the stb because I'm using the same remote it uses. Should I be using a different one?

Appreciate the help. A lot of aggravation this weekend for me with this. The idea that it comes with no manual, no instructions, etc wasn't working for me.

All help greatly appreciated! :D
coach606

Postby jrhees » Tue May 02, 2006 10:56 pm

Sage can be a bit confusing because Sage supports *both* the Transmit *and* Receive functions of the USB-UIRT. The transmit functionality is used by Sage to transmit IR codes to your Pansat box, while the Receive function can be used to allow you to take some other remote you have laying around and use it to control Sage.

Because of this, Sage has two completely different setup screens devoted to the two different functions. One setup screen works with the IR receive functionality to allow you to "map" buttons on a remote to functions in Sage. This is probably the screen you were using.

Another portion of Sage (where you configure a tuner source) allows you to select an IR blaster to control an external box (when you choose S-Video or Composite Video as the input source of your TV capture card). This setup allows you to select the model of cable/sat box you are using or optionally create a new profile in which case Sage will ask you to press the buttons 0 through 9 on your cable/sat remote to learn the appropriate codes to control your cable/sat box.

All of this setup should be covered within Sage's documentation. If you still have issues, please contact support@usbuirt.com

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting