UIRT is not found by system.....

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

UIRT is not found by system.....

Postby markG » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:11 am

Hi,

Was using my UIRT successfully with Sage 4.0 for some time. Got a new motherboard/cpu (Asus A8N-SLI/AMD) combination and am reinstalling everything. SageTV could not find the UIRT, so I have wondered down a long path, but here is where I am now:

-The UIRT is plugged into a USB port directly on the motherboard - no USB hubs involved. Shows up in the Windows Device Manager (WinXP with SP2) as installed and working properly.

-lrnhelper.exe and SageTV cannot find the UIRT, although UUFLash (firmware upgrade tool) can

-If I unplug the UIRT from a USB port on the back of my PC and try any other one (there are eight total) everytime I plug it back in WinXP says 'found new hardware' and prompts for the drivers (shouldnt it remember?)

-Im not running the SageTV service, but at this point I dont think Im that far

So now the system says everything is a go in the device mgr but the helper tool doesnt see the UIRT. And I think its peculiar that I get asked for drivers on every USB connect.

Any ideas for what to do? Im assuming I want the helper tool to be able to see the UIRT long before I try to get it talking to SageTV.

Thanks for the help!

Mark
markG

Postby jrhees » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:01 pm

When running lrnHelper, what exactly does the error message say?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:19 am

Here is the message I receive when I run lrnhelper.exe:

Unable to communicate with USB-UIRT device! Please check connections and try again. If you still have problems, try unplugging and reconnecting your USB-UIRT. If the problem persists, contact Technical Support!

Switching from USB port to USB port and trying again doesnt change the dialog. Same every time. USB-UIRT is still listed in Device Manager as working properly.

And, as described previously, every time I plug into a new USB port I get the 'Found New Hardware Wizard.'

Running UUFlash (pulled from the 5.4 Firmware package) gives status 'Ready to FLASH', so that app seems to find it still......

Postby jrhees » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:11 pm

Did you reflash the unit at some point? Can you try reflashing it again with www.usbuirt.com/latestFirmware.zip ?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:37 am

All fixed!

I did reflash the unit (before I was having trouble), to the 5.4 firmware that had been posted. It was that UUflash utility that I was using to determine that it could talk to the UIRT.

Using your file and re-flashing has fixed the problem. System sees the UIRT now, lrnhelper works, and my Sage TV is back to working. Did I have a bad flash maybe?

Thanks for the help!

Mark

Postby jrhees » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:51 am

5.4 firmware is pretty old and does not work with all revisions of the unit.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting