trouble setup w/ Sagetv41 & dish 301

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

trouble setup w/ Sagetv41 & dish 301

Postby area123 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:43 pm

I posted in the install forum but no replies there, and now I am in more of a troubleshooting mode anyway.

I got the usb-uirt installed ok I think. It blinks when I push an IR button at it and the install seemed to go ok. I went through the source setup wizard in Sagetv and used the dishxxx.ir file included w/ the sagetv 4.1 install. I did not do the learn remote setup because my remote is uhf & it did not cause the usb-uirt to blink when pushing the sat buttons.

Well, I'm having trouble getting help from anyone who has setup dish boxes w/ this device, maybe it is not that common. I think my dish 301 has an IR reciever & rf reciever, but I'm not positive, it is about 4 years old. I don't have any other boxes to test it out with so I can't verify that the usb-uirt is even working. Like I said, it does blink when an ir signal is pointed at it, but it doesn't blink when I try to change channels in Sagetv.

So if it is supposed to blink then probably I have a bad unit, or setup Sage wrong, although I've set it up 4 or more times exatly following the instructions.

Any ideas?
area123

Return to Troubleshooting