USBUIRT not channeling after being idle...

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

USBUIRT not channeling after being idle...

Postby jchrisrenfrow » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:31 pm

I've got Beyond TV and use the USBUIRT to control my TV and Satellite.
My problem is with the satellite. I have set up the learning OK and it works fine during testing and channel changes. The problem arises when the system has been sitting for a while without use. If a recording is setup to start on the dish, it will only receive the first number transmitted; therefore, recording the wrong channel. If, for instance, there is another recording an hour later on the dish, it will channel and record fine. I have tried changing the repeat and padding settings with no positive results.

Has anybody else had similar problems? Does the USBUIRT go into some type suspend mode if not used for a certain period of time?
I believe the problem must lie either with the USBUIRT or Beyond TV b/c I controlled this same unit for years from a ReplayTV IR blaster w/ out any problems.

Any help would be really...really appreciated (I've missed The Sopranos twice now :( )

Thanks Again,
Chris

System:
AMD Athlon X2 3800
Asus A8N-SLI
2 GB RAM
500 GB Raid 0
256 MB Asus GPU
Hauppauge PVR-500MCE (two tuner)

Inputs:
DishNetwork DP301
Regular Analog cable
jchrisrenfrow

Postby jrhees » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:20 pm

Chris,

With some experimentation, you can probably get to the root of this problem.

My guess is that the timing is a bit too 'quick' and some Sat receivers become a bit slower to respond after sitting for a while. For starters try doubling the transmission length of each digit as well as the pause between each digit (you can see the effect of this by watching the red LED on the USB-UIRT).

Also, if you're using the built-in blaster on the USB-UIRT, make sure its not too close to the Dish receiver.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting