How To? Get and input Discrete codes

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

How To? Get and input Discrete codes

Postby rvgara » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:58 pm

Hi all. I am new at this. There are 2 things I want my UIRT to do. One is to change the input of my TV set. Richt now I have to keep clicking "input" on the remote to get to the selection I want. I assume a "discrete code" would allow me to go directly to a given input, regardless of which input I am starting from? And I want a code for PIP. Right now I must hit PIP repeatedly, first to turn it on, then again to get it to size properly, then again to turn it off. Would a discrete code help me here as well, instead of cycling through?

Lastly, how do I get these discrete codes and input them into Homeseer 2.0? I can learn codes just fine from my existing remotes, but can anyone help with how to get and input these codes?

Sorry for long post. Richard
rvgara

Postby jrhees » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:52 pm

Richard,

Your best resource for discrete codes is Remotecentral www.remotecentral.com

If you find a discrete code, you will need to use the lrnHelper app www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_2.zip to allow you to import it into HS (since HS's plugin does not have an import window). Simply have lrnHelper running when you do a 'L'earn in HS, and you will be able to paste your discrete code into lrnHelper and click its 'Inject IR Code' button.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting