USB-UIRT connection lost on return from standby

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT connection lost on return from standby

Postby jphhughes » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:22 pm

I have been using the USB-UIRT with SageTV for over a year with no problems, now I am trying to run SageTV and USB-UIRt on on a new hardware platform and am having some problems.

The hardware:
MSI RS482M4-ILD motherboard. (this is PCI-e baord)
AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+
AOpen Nvidia 6600 PCI-e
Hauppauge 250MCE
SageTV 4.1.7 Bata

The problems is coming out of stanby S3:
When I first installed the Usb-UIRt I was using the 1.3 drivers. Using those drivers the system would not come out of standby needed to reboot. Then I visited your website and saw that the current version of drivers 1.4. I installed these and now the system will come out of standby but the connection to the USB-UIRT is lost. If I restart SageTV the connection is re-established. Would you have any ideas on a possbile solution. thanks.
:(
jphhughes

Postby jrhees » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:42 pm

I will look into this...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:44 pm

John, did you ever find anything on this . The SageTV people are still telling me its a hardware problem. So i am trying to determine if its USB-UIRT or perhaps motherboard or motherboard setting. Thanks. :)

Postby jrhees » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:49 pm

I am having trouble duplicating this issue. Can you try something for me:

Completely close down/exit Sage.

Download and run the lrnHelper app: www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_2.zip

Learn a code in lrnHelper and click the Transmit button to verify the code transmits (red LED will light up).

Go to Standby with your PC (leave the lrnhelper app running!)

Wake your PC, and click the 'Transmit' button in lrnHelper again and see if the USB-UIRT still responds.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby rsyeager » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:34 pm

I'm having the same problem in Sage with version 4.1.3. Remote function lost when coming out of standby. Was there any solution found for this?
rsyeager

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:32 pm

I had a similar wird thing, but in GBPVR.

I "upgraded" to v1.4 of USB-UIRT Drivers. GBPVR Channel Changing stopped working as a result.

Here's a really wierd thing: Using v1.4, GBPVR would NOT learn the remote ... it just whizzed through all the settings as if all the remote's buttons had ALREADY been pushed, then offered a profile name. That's it.

I UNinstalled old Drivers, went back to v1.3, channel change now OK. Also checked IF GBPVR would "learn" the remote codes with v1.3, which it did properly.

So, if it ain't broke... don't update.

k.

Postby jphhughes » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:52 pm

jrees

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Alfter considerrable time invested in this problem it looks to have been cause by the Motheboard. I recently got a beta BIOS upgrade form MSI that so far had fixed the problem. Thanks again for your continued good service.
jphhughes

Return to Troubleshooting