Backlight of Samsung LE37A567P2W LCD TV causes IR problems

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Backlight of Samsung LE37A567P2W LCD TV causes IR problems

Postby mikkokh » Mon May 16, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi.

This is weird, but it seems that backlight(?) of my LCD TV causes problems with IR detection of USB-UIRT... Is it normal?
Backlight level of LCD is set to 4 (of 10) and it's energy save feature is set to high.

What can I do about this problem? - I have tested many places and finding of good working positions for USB-UIRT unit feels like job, because of this problem.
mikkokh

Postby jrhees » Tue May 17, 2011 2:37 am

Unfortunately this can happen. Have you tried positioning the usbuirt farther away from the LCD screen to verify that it is a light issue and not an electromagnetic interference issue?

Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby mikkokh » Tue May 17, 2011 7:27 am

Thanks about reply!

Yes. It's tested in many places, also about 2 metres distance from LCD TV where I would normaly keep it. When TV is powered on and backlight goes on remote does not usualy work anyway, or in best cases it works only somehow when I target IR directly to USB-UIRT device. When TV is off, remote works quite like dream. Batteries of my old WinTV remote (used with USB-UIRT) are just changed and new.

I think that white walls of this room echoes IR light of TV screen and it is too much for USB-UIRT receiver. Is there any possibly to lower sensitivity of USB-UIRT receiver? If no with software then maby with some external solution, like with external "lens" cover material?
mikkokh

Postby jrhees » Mon May 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Unfortunately, there is no way to lower the sensitivity other than covering the receiver itself. Do you have the standard version or the 56KHz-enhanced version?

Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby mikkokh » Tue May 24, 2011 5:13 pm

I have 56KHz -enhanced version.
USB-UIRT (USBUIRT0056z), EventGhost, Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64bit)
mikkokh

Return to Troubleshooting