Creative Gigaworks S750 speaker and Audigy2ZS remotes

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Creative Gigaworks S750 speaker and Audigy2ZS remotes

Postby DennisGarrett » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:38 am

I am using Girder 4 and have successfuly learned the IR codes for my TV and cable remotes. However, I am having problems learning the remotes for my Audigy 2ZS remote and my Gigaworks S750 speaker remote.

The only button I really want for the Audigy remote is the CMSS button. It usually works fine from Girder, but sometimes it just stops working. It will start working again after I have used the Audigy remote to switch the CMSS setting. The USBUIRT will then work fine for a while and then stop working. I can tell that it is transmitting, and the Audigy box is getting the transmission (it has an IR LED that blinks when it receives a signal) but it just stops toggling the CMSS setting.

I cannot get anything learned from the Gigaworks remote to work at all. The Gigaworks box does not have an IR LED, but I can tell that the code is transmitting because I see the Audigy IR LED blink when I transmit the Gigaworks code.

Some more info - I have a Xantech CB60 block with a total of four bug emitters. Two are on single runs to my tv and cable boxes. The other two are split to the Audigy and Gigaworks boxes. I have moved these around to eliminate potential problems with the split emitters. They do not appear to be the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
DennisGarrett

Postby jrhees » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:51 pm

On the audigy, the only thought I have is that perhaps the Audigy remote toggles or cycles through different IR codes and the IR code learned only works for a certain number of times. You couls also try adjusting the 'repeat' setting for that command in Girder in case the code is just on the edge of not being transmitted long enough...

The Gigaworks might not be using standard consumer IR. Try performing an 'IR Debug' on a button on the remote and post the results here.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby DennisGarrett » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:01 am

Thanks for your reply. Please pardon my ignorance, but can you tell me how to do the IR Debug, or where I can find documentation?
DennisGarrett

Postby jrhees » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:47 pm

Oops, the IR Debug is only currently in the Girder 3.x plugin. I will get the G4 plugin updated to have an IR debug...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Any news

Postby DennisGarrett » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:30 pm

Hi - any news on this? I looked at both the Girder and USBUIRT web sites and do not see a more recent driver.
DennisGarrett

Return to Troubleshooting