Duplex Issues?-J

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Duplex Issues?-J

Postby Guest » Sun May 11, 2003 8:21 pm

I have both a Xantech receiver and xmitter in front of the USB-UIRT and was having reliability issues with this configuration. I made sure the Xantec xmitter is not directly feebacking into the Xantech receiver, however, it would appear my IR signal gets distorted comming from the USB-UIRT. I do not suspect the Xantec components are feedbacking, because I am able to use remote's, etc. throughout the house without any problem in this setup. Removing the Xantec xmitter solves the USB-UIRT problem, however, not I cannot receive signals with it then.

I was wondering if an IR signal comming into the USB-UIRT while it is xmitting would cause a glitch in the xmitted signal? If so, can this be fixed somehow? Does anyone else have a similar setup?

-J

Postby jrhees » Mon May 12, 2003 12:03 am

J,

This should not cause a problem. The recive and transmit paths inside the USB-UIRT are totally separate. However, IR can be a tricky thing since it can really 'leak' through things even when you don't suspect it (can leak through hands, etc.). I don't know what kind of emitter you're using, but I wouldn't rule out that the emitter is not feeding back at least a little into the receiver. You may want to attenuate the emitter and see if that helps -- the USB-UIRT will likely still see it fine at such a short range. Try covering the emitter with some dark tape, etc. to experiment.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting