lrnHelper and HomeSeer

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

lrnHelper and HomeSeer

Postby Tim Hurley » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:59 pm

The USB-UIRT has difficulty learning a few, though important, IR commands through HomeSeer at (what it reports) 56k frequencies. The USB-UIRT can eventually learn the button on the first phase, but the final "Press one time" never seems to recognize the button pressed. This problem led me to use lrnHelper which prompts the next question.

I am successful in getting discretes into the lrnHelper application. I am not successful in transfering them to HomeSeer. How do I get the discretes to HomeSeer. A few of the buttons appear to be disabled (import comes to mind).
Tim Hurley

Postby jrhees » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:56 am

Tim,

Okay, first about what HS is doing: Due to the way HS works, when you press the 'L' button in HS, HS actually needs to learn TWO codes -- one code for transmitting IR, and another for IR matching. So, actually when HS asks you to press the button again for verification, it is learning the code again for IR matching (to trigger events off of that received code). Since you may not be using a 56KHz unit, this part may not work in which case, if you do not need the code for IR matching but only for transmit, you can grab any other standard frequency remote you have and press a button on it to get past this screen.

ABout lrnHelper: You should be able to paste a discrete pronto code into lrnHelper and then when HS asks you to aim the remote, press the 'Inject IR code' button in lrnHelper. When HS asks you to verify by pressing the button again, grab another remote and press any button.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Thank you for the solution

Postby Tim Hurley » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:12 pm

Jon,

Thank you for the quick reply. Your suggestion worked quite well. I do not use HomeSeer to fire off an event based on receiving those codes. This work around was just what I needed. I have all of my codes in HS now and things seem to be working fine. Now the hard part...writing scripts for everything.

Thank you for the product and support Jon.

Tim
Tim Hurley

Postby nslmanu » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 am

Hello,

I've got the same problem ...

And try to follow this workaround ... but i don't have the 'Inject IR code' button. Only LEARN and PASTE

I've got this version :
http://www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_5.zip
and this firmware :
http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138471

I hope this is the problem ... because for the moment nothingworks in HS2 for me ... :(

Thanks a lot for any answer...

Regards
Manu
nslmanu

Postby canoewhiteh2o » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:28 pm

The "inject Code: is an option in a pull down menu in lrnhelper.
canoewhiteh2o

Return to Troubleshooting