USB-UIRT stopped working?

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT stopped working?

Postby rbarr110 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:22 am

I got my USB-UIRT a few months back and have been using flawlessly with Sage TV.

However today Sage stopped recognizing any input from the USB-UIRT. The light on the UIRT would flash when a key was pressed but there would be no on screen menu movement in Sage.

I entered Sages Command setup to see if the recorded codes were still there and they were. I tried to reprogram the codes but SAge is not receiveing any info from the UIRT. So not sure what has happened

In device manager I can not find the USB-UIRT, I do see a "USB Human Interface Device" which I am assuming is likely the UIRT. It claims it is working. (EDIT:it is not the UIRT, its a USB mouse, so no UIRT in device manager. I have also plugged into another computer and I hear the noise WinXP makes when you plug in a USB device, so likely is something up with drivers or Sage TV on my HTPC)

Is there some sort of test program that runs in windows to see if data transfer is being sent from the UIRT to windows so I can verify that the drivers Are working and it is possibly a SageTV problem?

Could you also please post the proper install method for the USB-UIRT?

I have made no changes to my system. I have tried different USB ports with no change. I tried a USB mouse to make sure the ports were working and mouse was fine.

I am running WinXP SP2
Sage TV 2.XX (current release version)
Harmony Remote

Thanks
Ryan
rbarr110

Return to Troubleshooting