Building a better external emitter (flood type)

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Building a better external emitter (flood type)

Postby cspannos » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I really would like to build/buy an emitter that can flood a whole room with an IR signal.

I came across this: Xantech Shelf-Top IR Blaster 39020 http://www.xantech.com/Infrared/Infrare ... ers/39020/

Is there a way to interface this with the jack on the back of the USB-UIRT? It runs on 12V so I'm guessing there will have to be some type of circuitry between the two.

I also found this schematic searching through these forums: http://www.hometoys.com/tips/tips20.htm#Entry%207

...but I am confused on how this diagram would help me connect the Xantech Shelf-Top IR Blaster 39020 to the USB-UIRT.

Can anyone offer me some help on this?

Thanks,
Kosta
cspannos

Re: Building a better external emitter (flood type)

Postby mediadogg » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:48 pm

cspannos wrote:Hi everyone,

I really would like to build/buy an emitter that can flood a whole room with an IR signal.
Can anyone offer me some help on this?

Thanks,
Kosta
I am looking at the possibility of doing the same. I can build it myself, but I am getting old and lazy, so I like the Xantech idea.

That model seems to have a very clear and easily adpated system. First of all, avoid the "V" terminal. That supplies voltage, and you can damage the other equipment if it is not specifically designed to use it.

Use only the IR and Ground terminals. They should be able to be wired to the output of the USBUIRT, but for safety, you might need a small resistor in series.

I suggest you wait for confrmation of my info, or when / if I get around to doing it myself, I will come back with updated instructions.
Thanks for your support. Free tools at www.mediadogg.com. Advanced tools at www.mediadogg.com/shopping/.
mediadogg

Postby cspannos » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:53 pm

That would be awesome! I'll definitely wait it out till you come up with something. Thanks for the reply!
cspannos

Return to Troubleshooting