Usb-uirt doesn't work with comcast/pace rng110 hd cable box

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Usb-uirt doesn't work with comcast/pace rng110 hd cable box

Postby Pmanley » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:34 am

I can use the learn function of beyond tv or lrnhelper and both programs record without error, but when you try to control the cable box nothing happens. Has anyone been able to control a comcast/pace rng110 cable box with a usb uirt.
Pmanley

Postby mudgen » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:11 am

Same results here, specifically with Beyond TV driving it. I'm using an eye from a Comcast DTA, and it works with the Comcast remote and my Harmony 880 emulating the Comcast, but not with the USB-UIRT. I occasionally see one digit register (usually a wrong one), but no joy. Have tried repeat up to 8 and spacing up to 800ms.

This box is notorious for this, and for messed up firewire. Need to get CC to swap it for an older Moto, even though it is 4x the size.
mudgen

Postby mudgen » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Here's what works for IR control from Beyond TV 4.9 on a Comcast Pace RNG110.

Select Motorola DCT-2000 as set top box. In next screen,
No enter before
No enter after
Pad 3
Pause 800
Repeat 1

When the test runs for 10, 11, 22, etc, you see it mistune, then tune correctly, on some channels, but it does ultimately tune to the correct channel every time and this is workable. I'm using an IR extender eye from a DTA plugged in to the back of the RNG110.

Now I have to troubleshoot a problem of not getting audio out of the Fusion HDTV5 Gold RT that I'm using for capture, and I should be set.
mudgen

Return to Troubleshooting