Remote produces short codes almost impossible to match

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Remote produces short codes almost impossible to match

Postby laemen » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:22 pm

I have an aftermarket remote control for a ceiling fan (speed 0-1-2-3 and Light On/Off or Dim). The bursts produced are really short, and USBUIRT recognizes them to be quite variable (in Learn Helper Utility).

The issue is that a match in Homeseer is not reliable, matches vary from sometimes for one command to almost never for another.

As the bursts are short, I learn using Learn Helper Utility pressing the Accept Burst command.
Per IR command one code seems predominant as in appearing more often in the Received UIR Event Code box, however when learning the Learn Helper Utility does not show the actual Received UIR Event Code making it hard to target that one.
Matching in Homeseer is as mentioned not very reliable events are seldom triggered. They are all triggered at least once, so there is a learned value.

Any suggestions on improving the matches? Has anyone come across such IR remote? Sounds to me like this IR is more of an analogue type?

Just for information, the remote I use is a Westinghouse http://www2.conrad.nl/goto.php?artikel=620621 remote and actuator combination. When used directly almost all keypresses result in actions (fan speed change, light on/off/dim), so it seems reliable for itself to operate.

Cheers, Frans
laemen

Postby canoewhiteh2o » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:29 pm

Does the code you learn with lrnhelper transmit and control the fan accurately? From your post it is difficult to determine if transmit is working or if you are only having problems with onreceive events.
canoewhiteh2o

Return to Troubleshooting