Doenst change channel to 110

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Doenst change channel to 110

Postby avogodro » Tue May 25, 2010 3:20 am

I have this installed and it has been working til I decided to mess with it... So i changed the calibration because it was not changing the channel sometimes. ie .. when changing to channel 110 it would very infrequently change to 1 or 11 but not add the 0... so i thought the association with the 0 may have been the problem.. SO i added a new profile for the ir association. I relearned it now it never tunes to 110 it will always tune 1... I tried chaning the delay from 200ms to 800ms at 100ms setps and it will simply not tune 110 it will randomly tune 111 or 109... but it is very random. I looked for the new windows 7 64 drivers and downloaded them but when I look for the device under human interface device it doesnt show up as USB-UIRT I instead see several ir transeivers and a emicrosoft ir transmitter. My question is how do i install the new driver? And is the windows 7 drivers worth the install?

Oh and Do I need girder? I have no idea what this is for and cannot figure out if I need it or not.

Thanks Avogodro

EDIT: Sorry I posted in frustration earlier. I took time to settle down and do some official research. So I do have the most recent driver. I see the device under device manager. I have tried numerous settings at this point and i have discovered that it is not sending 0 (zero). I have reprogrammed the ir in the sagetv application three times. Nothing. I dont understand why it will not send zero.
Any guesses?
avogodro

Postby avogodro » Tue May 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Okay I should not play with my computer when I get home from all day of work.... I solved my problem in a eurika moment at 2am in bed. I realized that I didnt select cable on my universal remote when setting up the learning of the ir signal. WOW I feel like dumb.. Well it works now.

Thanks

Still curious to know what girder does though.
avogodro

Return to Troubleshooting