usb-uirt 56khz ?

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

usb-uirt 56khz ?

Postby kent91 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi,

I've just bought an usb-uirt on a french web site. It was a 56khz version.
but it seems that the optional 56khz IR detector is not present.
I can detect 56khz ir remote only in learn mode

How can i confirm that the optional 56khz IR detector is present ?

thanks
kent91

Postby canoewhiteh2o » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:49 am

First, you may already know this, but in this thread Jon describes the functions of the USB-UIRT - including the 56k option.

Second, what software are you using? You must have application software that uses the USB-UIRT API layer and provides a receive callback function to interpret received IR.

Another thing you can do is take the USB-UIRT apart and see if the IR detector is on the board. There are 3 screws that hold the USB-UIRT together (one may be under the label). Take these screws out and simply look to see if the 56K detector is present. On the right side looking at the front you will have a red indicator led, next the frequency detector which is small and clear in color, next will be the 56K detector if present (if not there will be 3 holes in the circuit board), next is a dark colored 36-40K detector, and then 2 clear infrared emitters.

I also believe the model number on the label will read USBUIRT0056. I do not have the 56K option and mine reads USBUIRT0038.
canoewhiteh2o

Postby kent91 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:43 am

thanks for your reply canoewhiteh2o

my model number is USBUIRT0038Z
So i don't have the 56khz option :'(

I'm using lirc 0.8.4 on ubuntu 9.10 and it seems that the record of my 56hz remote doesn't work

I have some readdata failed when i try to use irrecord
but on windows with lrnhelper 56khz remote is working, learn and transmit

Im trying to use pronto code learn in windows to make a lircd.conf file with pronto2lirc but it seems that the generated lircd.conf doesn't work
I get remote not supported lirc message
[/code]
kent91

Postby canoewhiteh2o » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:26 am

I've not tried it, but others seem to have issues getting linux and the usbuirt to work. You might want to read this thread and this thread.
canoewhiteh2o

Postby kent91 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 pm

It works with a plasma NEC 42VP5 with a 38khz remote
i can use irw, irrecord and irsend

but seems to not work with an aminet 110 STB with a 56khz remote
i try with the Amino remote lircd.conf find on lirc.org
lirc throw a error processing command: send_once Amino_STB 1 transmission failed.

and irw don't find any button

if i use mode2 -d /dev/ttyUSB0 -H usb_uirt_raw and i put the remote more than 2cm from the usb-uirt i can't get a signal
but if the remote is in front of the usbuirt i have pulse and space with a readdata () failed at the end

and irrecord failed with readdata() failed message

on XP i get the pronto code from lrnhelper and create one lircd.conf with pronto2lirc, but i have same error message than with the one find on lirc.org/remote

Anyone have a clue why is it working with a 38khz remote and not with a 56khz remote ?
Its seems lirc can't get 56khz signal cause i can do it under windows with lrnhelper

has anyone succeed in learning 56khz remote on lirc ?
kent91

Postby kent91 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:08 pm

after some dig in lirc code
its seems that lirc doesn't understand 56khz remote with usb-uirt

i see some limit from 36khz to 40khz
Does usb-uirt need to be change to learn mode ? to activate the 56khz internal receiver for learning ?

How can i activate this mode ?

regards
kent91

Postby canoewhiteh2o » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:48 pm

kent91 wrote:Does usb-uirt need to be change to learn mode ? to activate the 56khz internal receiver for learning ?

How can i activate this mode ?
Your software has to place the USB-UIRT in learn mode by calling the UUIRTLearnIR function in the uuirtdriver.dll. Of course this is a short range sensor and only works within a couple inches from the USB-UIRT. This will not work for detecting IR transmitted from a 56k remote for any purpose other than learning. You have to have the 56K detector (Model USBUIRT0056) for using the UUIRTSetReceiveCallback function.
canoewhiteh2o

Return to Troubleshooting