Got my usbuirt - A huge problems.

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Got my usbuirt - A huge problems.

Postby AngryFarmer » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:13 am

Hi everyone,

Got my new USBUIRT yesterday and so far I'm pretty much disappointed. I'm even starting to think that I have a faulty unit or something ...

Running Win 7 Ultimate x86, using Eventghost. Previously I had a standard MCE receiver & remote.

1) I have to point my remove exactly to usbuirt, otherwise buttons pressed are not recognized. USBUIRT sees the commands, but does not recognize them, and show me something like UNKNOWN FFAABBCCDD.
2) Sometimes even pointing my remote directly to usbuirt doesn't help, it doesn't recognize the command and just do nothing.
3) No long press is supported. For example I had a macro defined for MCE button if it's held for more than 4 seconds. Now I cannot use it, because usbuirt doesn't understand that im holding a button and behaves like i'm pressing it many times.
4) It doesn't power on my PC from standby, but I believe this one can be fixed by playing with the device settings in the device manager (had no time to try yet).

I really hope that there is a solution for my problems, otherwise I'll have no choice but to return it back. :(

Your comments are highly appreciated.
AngryFarmer

Return to Troubleshooting