Need to send code twice from SageTV

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Need to send code twice from SageTV

Postby sbrown3d » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi:

I'm a new USB-UIRT user that is trying to use it with SageTV. I successfully ran the "learn code" function from sage and the USB-UIRT seems to pick it up successfully (Bell TV 6131). When I then try to test the learned code I notice that I need to send it twice before my STB will accept the code properly. Looking through this forum and a couple Google searches led me to the "lrnhelper" utility. I used this to capture a code, then send it. With lrnhelper, it works perfectly - it learns the code, then a single press and it picks it up on the STB. I then tried copying the learned string from lrnhelper over to the sage .ir file. Same problem - when sent from sage, it requires 2 sends for the STB to accept it. From lrnhelper, one send and it works.

Can anyone shed light on what I need to do differently to get it to work? I need to resolve this in order to have Sage properly control my STB.

Thanks for any help!

steve.
sbrown3d

Postby canoewhiteh2o » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:24 pm

You may want to try upping the repeat count in SageTV. I don't use SageTV, but in lrnhelper you can adjust the repeat count. You might try reducing the count in lrnhelper and see if the same problem occurs as you are experiencing in SageTV. I believe the default value is a repeat count of 5 in lrnhelper.
canoewhiteh2o

That did the trick!

Postby sbrown3d » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Awesome suggestion - that was what it needed. I'm now using an 2 external ir blaster LEDs off of zones and it's all working! I'm very happy...
sbrown3d

Re: That did the trick!

Postby ezekiel » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:26 am

sbrown3d wrote:Awesome suggestion - that was what it needed. I'm now using an 2 external ir blaster LEDs off of zones and it's all working! I'm very happy...

How did you increase the repeat count in SageTV? I was able to lower the repeat delay but I still have to push the remote buttons twice. How did you fix it with your SageTV setup?

Dan
ezekiel

Return to Troubleshooting