Scientific Atlanta 3100hd remote doesnt Light Up LED

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Scientific Atlanta 3100hd remote doesnt Light Up LED

Postby eatmorepossum » Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:31 pm

I've gotten girder to work with the usb-uirt to operate my tv and my ir dimmers but i cant seem to get it to recognize my cable box. The cable box is a scientific atlanta explorer 3100hd. When i go to learn and press buttons on the remote, nothing lights up. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
eatmorepossum

Postby jrhees » Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:09 pm

Chris,

Do you have a USB-UIRT with the 56KHz option? Sounds like your remote is operating at 56KHz (or is RF).

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby eatmorepossum » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:04 pm

How do i know if it has the 56 Khz option? I only saw one to order...

here is what the order shipment email said...
Dear Chris Jones (NOSPAM@triad.rr.com),

This is to inform you that your Order:

1 USBUIRT0038US

Has been shipped on 4/14/2003.
eatmorepossum

Postby eatmorepossum » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:12 pm

Well i just looked back at the site... I thought one was a black cable and one was a white cable... dont drink and shop. I guess i didnt read well. Is there anyway i can exchange this one or have it modified... I really need it to control my cable box.

Thanks,
Chris
eatmorepossum

jons offline response

Postby eatmorepossum » Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:23 pm

If all you're interested in doing is *controlling* your cable box (and you don't need to control Girder with your cable box remote) then you don't need to upgrade your unit. ALL units are capable of transmitting 56KHz. The additional 56KHz detector is so that the USB-UIRT can 'see' 56KHz remotes. If you only need to transmit at 56KHz, you have two options:

1. Import Pronto codes for your equipment. I don't know if there's any on remotecentral or not.
2. Upgrade to new firmware. The new firmware has not been released. The new firmware enables the USB-UIRT's built-in *wideband IR learning detector* and allows you to *learn* your 56KHz remote.

Thanks Jon... I"m back on the trail of the perfect remote control solution!
eatmorepossum

Postby dj dafreund » Sat May 03, 2003 4:06 am

Hey, I can verify that the Scientific Atlanta 3100 cable box does in fact use the 56khz freq's I got one and noticed that. Hope that helps. (I bought the TIRA-1 that supports the 56khz thank God)

I was the one of the few beta testing the new ***** coming out, which i wanted to tell you again that its working fine for me, and have not had any freezes or problems yet. Thanx again Jrhees!!!
dj dafreund

Return to Troubleshooting