Recievng, but not Emitting... Software Needed?

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Recievng, but not Emitting... Software Needed?

Postby MediaBoy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:58 pm

I have a USBUIRT, probably not more than 3 or 4 years old. It has a Z in the serial number... Have it hooked up to a Windows XP machine running Event Ghost.

My end goal: Hide my components behind a cabinet door and only expose the USBUIRT... Having the USBUIRT repeat any signals it receives out the 1/8" jack to two infrared LED's conencted to a receiver and Tivo.

However, I am not getting output to the 1/8" jack. I tried some LEDs I pulled out of another remote, as well as a brand new LED purchased from Radio Shack. I tested the wiring with a multimeter and all the connections are sound. I am testing signal emissions using my digital camera which clearly indicates the presence of infrared.

Elsewhere in forums I saw a post suggesting the use of headphones connected to the USBUIRT to test signal output from the jack. Sounded crazy to me, but either way, I hear no audible sounds from headphones connected to that jack.

Could I have a faulty USBUIRT? Or do I need to have a piece of software (driver? EventGhost?) that instructs the USBUIRT to "echo" it's received signals to the output jack?
MediaBoy

Postby canoewhiteh2o » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:07 pm

The USBUIRT does not natively "echo" received IR. You must have application software that uses a receive callback function to instruct the USBUIRT to transmit the appropriate IR.
canoewhiteh2o

Postby MediaBoy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Thank you for the info... I'll see if I can get EventGhost to repeat back whatever it receives.
MediaBoy

Return to Troubleshooting