Can not learn som IR commands in HomeSeer

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Can not learn som IR commands in HomeSeer

Postby elo » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:13 am

I am trying to learn som IR commands from a remote controling a JVC Projector in HomeSeer Pro. The learn vondow pops up but the status bar stops about half way when pressing and holding the button. I have this problem for some of my remotes but not all. I want to have HomeSeer learn the IR command and then be able to send it via USB-UIRT under program controll. It would also be good to have a solution making it possible to learn also IR commands from similar remotes intended for matching in HS. It seems to me that the problem is related to the remotes not repeating the comands enough times when holding the buttons in question. The problem makes it impossible for me to use HS to manage more complex macros that invols both IR and RF remote commands ..

Anyone having a solution to this?
elo

Resolved

Postby elo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:45 pm

This was resolved by using the procedure from Jon as follows:

The LrnHelper app (www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_5.zip) can be used for these 'hard to learn' remotes. The LrnHelper app has been designed so that it can be used *while* another program is also using the USB-UIRT. So, for example, you can launch LrnHelper and also launch Homeseer. Then, with LrnHelper open, you can start the LEARN process in Homeseer. You should see the LrnHelper app automatically switch to LEARN mode as well. Using the LrnHelper app, you can now use the 'Accept Busrt' button to finish the learning process for Homeseer.

Thank you Jon!!
elo

Trouble with lrnhelper

Postby hec1152 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:53 am

Thsi program seems to hang up and otherwise not function on my system. I post this here because I'm not sure where/what else to do. I'm trying to use HomeSeer 2 (workstation based) in the same way that this thread describes.
HEC
hec1152

Postby elo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:40 pm

Please explain what you do. Also be aware of the window that pops up in the back when you start the learn inside HomeSeer.
elo

Postby hec1152 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:32 am

I'm aware of the window that pops up from the USB-IRT plug-in. When it does, there is no indication of any signal - i.e. nothing on the pop-up other than indication that it is waiting to "learn" the signal. Pointing the IR Remote to USB-IRT receiver (within 6") and pressing any button results in the USB-IRT hardware light flashing (indicating it see IR signal) but there's nothing on the pop-up window indicating any signal. It's as if the USB-IRT hardware sees the signal but for whatever reason it's not seen by or tansmitted to the plug-in (at least to the extent that the pop-up window shows this). Also, invoking lrnhelper without HS running (just the USB-IRT hardware attached) results in hang-up followed by crash (upon terminating with "x") of the lrnhelper software. I've posted this as another problem http://www.usbuirt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5975. It may be unrelated to the problem I'm having with the plug-in. In the HS log, I have positive indications that the USB-IRT plug-in is initializing with no (logged) problem messages.
HEC
hec1152

Postby Conde111 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:51 am

I recently done my MBA and now days I want to do some online Microsoft certifications and I Found this online notes is a best helping source to get online accurate information which is more helpful for my preparation.
Conde111
Conde111

Return to Troubleshooting