USB UIRT wake up function in Windows 7?

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Postby erikt » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Has anyone tried these drivers yet?

http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/home-th ... post317424

If not, I'll give them a go myself to see if they work.
ET
erikt

Postby CraziFuzzy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:28 am

Any news on this? I just got done building a Sage Client PC, and would love to be able to put it to sleep.
CraziFuzzy

new driver

Postby Oldfart65 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:12 pm

There is a new driver. I will work with windows & 64 bit, it is a beta driver

www.usbuirt.com/USBUIRT_Win7_Vista_v20601.zip

If you are already running the USB-UIRT in your system, you should be able to do a ‘Update Driver’ by going to Device Manager, clicking on the USB-UIRT, choosing Properties and then selecting the ‘Driver’ tab. At this point, click the ‘Update Driver’ button and then choose ‘Browse my Computer…â€
Gigabyte MB GAMa790GP-DS4H, Video ATI 4670, OS Windows 7 64 bit, 8 Gig Memory, USB-UIRT Driver ver. 20216 firmware 5.5
Oldfart65

Re: new driver

Postby CraziFuzzy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:58 pm

[quote="Oldfart65"]There is a new driver. I will work with windows & 64 bit, it is a beta driver

www.usbuirt.com/USBUIRT_Win7_Vista_v20601.zip

If you are already running the USB-UIRT in your system, you should be able to do a ‘Update Driver’ by going to Device Manager, clicking on the USB-UIRT, choosing Properties and then selecting the ‘Driver’ tab. At this point, click the ‘Update Driver’ button and then choose ‘Browse my Computer…â€
CraziFuzzy

Postby Oldfart65 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:03 pm

yes
Gigabyte MB GAMa790GP-DS4H, Video ATI 4670, OS Windows 7 64 bit, 8 Gig Memory, USB-UIRT Driver ver. 20216 firmware 5.5
Oldfart65

Postby CraziFuzzy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Oldfart65 wrote:yes
Nope... :-) Doesn't seem to make any difference. The device still doens't wake the computer (I've got the USB-UIRT programmed with 4 different IR wakes, non work). POWERCFG lists the USB-UIRT Device in the wake_from_S3_supported query, but NOT in the wake_armed (or even wake_programmable). POWERCFG -DEVICEENABLEWAKE "USB-UIRT Device" results in "You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake". There is no Power Management tab on the USB-UIRT Device properties page. Any ideas?
CraziFuzzy

Postby CraziFuzzy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:41 am

Okay, got it sorted. the problem wasn't the drivers, it was actually the version of lrnhelpr I was using (The only link I could find earlier was for 0_0_2, which wasn't actually programming the UIRT with the wake-up codes). Found 0_0_5 which seemed to work.
CraziFuzzy

Postby BitHunteR » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:09 am

At last..... Got it sorted here to. Works flawless with my Harmony 600 now.

Thanks!
BitHunteR

Postby flips » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:36 am

I have been trying to get my USB-UIRT to wake up by PC from S3 for the last couple of days. I am on windows 7. I never tried this when I had XP on the system.

I updated the the latest driver mentioned above, I have my IR code saved using the latest version of lrnhelper, my BIOS is set to wake up using USB and NIC (magic packet works great). Eventghost puts the computer to sleep no problem, but it won't wake up from the UIRT.

I don't have a power tab in the driver settings. and I have all the same enteries using powercfg as below: Should it be listed in wake_armed?

CraziFuzzy wrote: POWERCFG lists the USB-UIRT Device in the wake_from_S3_supported query, but NOT in the wake_armed (or even wake_programmable). POWERCFG -DEVICEENABLEWAKE "USB-UIRT Device" results in "You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake". There is no Power Management tab on the USB-UIRT Device properties page. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.
flips
flips

Postby flips » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:22 pm

I fixed my setup. I had to move a jumper on my motherboard to get power to the rear usb ports. I read that a while ago, but forgot about it.

After that it works great. I still don't have a power tab in device properties and it isn't listed in wake_armed so those aren't required for this to work.

flips
flips

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting