John Reesh please update driver for windows vista and 7 X64

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

John Reesh please update driver for windows vista and 7 X64

Postby kobe » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi, i think it is time for you to upgrade the driver of windows vista and 7 X64 because the major problem with Blue Screen of death. I am sick and tired of unplug and replug my USB-UIRT every time when start the windows.

Thanks. Your product is the best. :lol:
kobe

Joining the pleas for an X64 driver without BSOD's

Postby ftsi » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:41 pm

While kobe has the annoyance of disconnect/connect on restarting his computer, I'm seeing 0x0000007E errors every time any of my multiple
USB-UIRT units connect. If connected, the system immediately generates a BSOD as Windows loads.

This wasn't a real problem when I had oversaturated my USB with devices with my Vista Ultimate x64. (Or my older XP builds)

However, I've built a new system with Windows 7 x64 RC1. In the process of moving devices from my old PC to the new one, I unplugged a few other USB devices from the Vista build. I immediately began getting 0x0000007E errors.
It wasn't until I removed the USB-UIRTs that I could get a successful boot.
(This system was functionning for the last 1.5 years without BSOD).
When I powered up the new Win7 box, I immediately began to see this exact error message with the USB-UIRT connected. The problem goes away when I unplug the USB-UIRT.

Now, the interim solution is to change the maximum memory setting under msconfig's advance option to 4095 as indicated by nappysolo.
see post: http://www.usbuirt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=10548&sid=14f9b4a90b3e9d109579bc05fb54443d

Now, the system seems stable. However, it means that I've had to sacrifice half of the memory. (BTW, removing memory sticks would also work.)
The main advantage of the x64 systems is the ability to address more memory.

So, Jon...What is the prospect of getting a fully working device driver to support x64 (and 8GB RAM) with the USB-UIRT? (Which, I've been happy with for the last few years...Since my original XP builds)

Limiting RAM to 4GB isn't a good solution, but while the wheels spin, it is the ONLY option. After all, x64 is gaining ground as new systems get introduced. It's not a problem that will go away without a resolution.

Thanks,
Frank
Case: Antec P190 + 1200W
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Premium
CPU: Intel Q9550
Memory: 8 GB (4 x 2GB) Kingston HyperX
Sound: CL XFi Titanium
Storage: 4 x SATAII 1TB, Highpoint RR2310 (4 x 500GB RAID 5)
Hauppauge HD PVR + HVR-1800
ftsi

Return to Troubleshooting