Two TiVo peanut remotes, two UIRT's, one works different

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Two TiVo peanut remotes, two UIRT's, one works different

Postby APillowOfClouds » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:40 am

I have two series II TiVo "peanut" remotes - these are the ones with the 1/2 switch. I also have two USB UIRT's. For one remote, on both UIRT's, the volume up/down repeat is detected when I hold the button down. For the other remote, on both UIRT's, it's only detected once. The two remotes are both for Series II TiVo's, they can't be off by that much I wouldn't think. Anything I can try or is it just subtle component differences?

Thanks

Rob
APillowOfClouds

Re: Two TiVo peanut remotes, two UIRT's, one works different

Postby APillowOfClouds » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:59 pm

APillowOfClouds wrote:I have two series II TiVo "peanut" remotes - these are the ones with the 1/2 switch. I also have two USB UIRT's. For one remote, on both UIRT's, the volume up/down repeat is detected when I hold the button down. For the other remote, on both UIRT's, it's only detected once. The two remotes are both for Series II TiVo's, they can't be off by that much I wouldn't think. Anything I can try or is it just subtle component differences?

Thanks

Rob

Never mind I figured it out, TiVo remotes are programmable for different types of tv's for the volume and mute buttons. I must have already switched the tv code in the one to make it work with the UIRT.
APillowOfClouds

Return to Troubleshooting