Girder Plugin Learn IR Code Accept Burst button greyed out

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Girder Plugin Learn IR Code Accept Burst button greyed out

Postby charles.rich » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi, I just purchased Girder 5 Pro and a new USB-UIRT. I am running Version 3.2.0 of the plugin.

When I try to learn an IR code (in a newly created USB-UIRT action), the "Accept Burst" button is greyed out. The problem is that I know that my remote (for a Wowwee RS Media robot) only sends bursts, so it is no surprise that the learning never happens.

Any advice on why the Accept Burst button stays greyed out?

Tx, -CR

P.S. Should I also be worrying about the frequency setting? I selected 39.5KHz, because it was closest to the 39.2KHZ documented for the remote. (I was hoping that "All" meant it would scan all frequencies).

Note reply from "Rob H" (Promixis employee):

That seems a bit odd - for what it's worth I've never had to specify the frequency like that, perhaps that's what's stopping the accept burst button from working? Just to confirm (from memory), the Accept Burst button is normally only enabled once a partial code has been learned.

The USB-UIRT plugin was written by the USB-UIRT's create Jon Rhees, you may want to try the USB-UIRT forum or emailing him directly - I don't think he looks in here very often.
[/b]
charles.rich

LCD Monitor interferes with IR Learning

Postby charles.rich » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:51 pm

The problem seems to be that emissions from the LCD monitor on my desk were interfering with the USB-UIRT learning, as described in a USB-UIRT Forum posting (search for "L245wp-bn"). If I turn off my monitor momentarily while I press the remote button, the learning works fine.

THIS SHOULD REALLY BE HIGHLIGHTED IN THE INSTRUCTIONS SOMEWHERE!

-CR

PS. Btw, the Accept Burst button indeed becomes live after the first time I press the remote button.
charles.rich

Return to Troubleshooting