cannot learn, Conrad Johnson preamp remote

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

cannot learn, Conrad Johnson preamp remote

Postby artm » Sun May 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Hello, Just bought this and was on a roll setting it up.

My setup: Win2K SP4, Event Ghost, USBUIRT Firmware 5.9, ProtVer 1.1.

The UIRT receives signals and EventGhost can process them. I also need to have it learn and transmit codes.

It cannot learn, either through Event Ghost or LrnHelper 0.2.0. Yes, I place the remote close to the unit and have tried various distances but the codes never match up - I always get different codes , normally two different ones for the same key.

When testing the learned code the LED blinks but the receiving unit (a Conrad Johnson preamp) does not receive a compatible signal. It has a signal LED when a valid one is detected and never recognizes one. I am able to teach another universal remote the CJ's signals. Using that universal remote with LrnHelper again does not recognize the same code twice.

Now, when pointing the preamp's remote to the UIRT the front emitter does transmit the correct signal and the preamp recognizes it. I do not have an external emitter to test that output.

The remote I need to recognize, going from the codes in Event Ghost, appears to be an NEC 32426D - at least that code is the common part for all the button codes. I have searched online for info on this but no luck.

Also, I tried my cable remote and it manages to learn identical codes and transmits correctly. So, the issue is not with the UIRT's emitter.

Any help appreciated. If anyone knows where I can get the codes for this I don't mind entering them naually. I realize that's a longshot.

If anyone's willing to learn the codes for me I would be glad to ship them the remote.
artm

Return to Troubleshooting