Help with USB-UIRT out to Toshiba TheaterNet input

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Help with USB-UIRT out to Toshiba TheaterNet input

Postby rrockoff » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:03 pm

I am just starting to use Power Home with a USB-UIRT. The Computer with the USB-UIRT is located in a closet in a different room from the TV. I have a hard wire connected from the back of the USB-UIRT to the IR in on the back of the TV. However nothing happens when I send a power on or power off signal. I can connect an IR transmitter to the end of the cable and point it at the TV and it will work. The problem with this TV is the IR receiver on the front of the TV is located behind the picture screen. If I can't figure this out, I will be stuck with using a powermid or something similar. I prefer hardwire.

From what I can tell the documentation for the USB-UIRT says it sends signals out the back of the unit at 5v. The docs for the Toshiba TV indicates it uses 3V. I've read in other posts that some other owner of this product are using a Xantech connecting block (uses 12v) with the USB-UIRT and a diode to fix the voltage issue. Does a diode also make sense for my situation? If so, can someone recommend the correct diode to use and how exactly to install it?

More info: Per the users manual: The TheaterNet IN function has been verified for use with Crestron SmarTouchâ„¢ STS/STS-C wireless RF control systems. Due to the wide variation in remote control operation among manufacturers, these functions may or may not operate with other brands. SmarTouch is a trademark of Crestron Electronics, Inc. (www.crestron.com).

Anybody out there working with Crestron and USB-UIRT?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rod
rrockoff

Return to Troubleshooting