USB_UIRT Stopped working out of the blue

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

USB_UIRT Stopped working out of the blue

Postby berton » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:12 am

I've been using USB-UIRT with BeyondTV via girder for a while now. Today it just stopped working. It turned on the computer and it said "New Hardware found, driver needed USB-UIRT"

I downloaded the latest driver and installed it via WIndows XPs new Hardware wizard. Still didn't work. So I did some reading on the USB-UIRT web page and downloaded the newest girder, which has a USB-UIRT plugin built in. Couldn't get it to recognize the existence of the USB-UIRT device and thus couldn't adjust the plugin settings.

So I came back and read that now it can be used directly with BeyondTV and setup ussing Beyond TV's setup wizard. Great. Uninstalled girder and ran the setup wizard. Set wizard worked well. It knew my settop box model.

But the USB-UIRT still doesn't work. During the setup wizard test and during my own testing in BTV, it's just not sendng any signals out (the little red light never comes on).

Why would all this be happening out of the blue? I watched TV this morning and it was fine. More importantly, what do I do?
berton

Return to Troubleshooting