problem readnig codes from Panasonic air conditioner remote

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

problem readnig codes from Panasonic air conditioner remote

Postby brenco » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:10 pm

Hi!
I just bought USB-UIRT and tried to read the codes from Panasonic 12dkew inverter, but the remote sends only one signal when relasnig the button and the learning procedure can not be compleated.
I tried the other remotes (tv, sat, reciever..) and everything works ok, just pressing and holding the button till the readnig is complete.

Anyone can help me?
brenco

Postby brenco » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:45 pm

Nobody?
brenco

Postby Zim_256 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:09 pm

The problem is that those air conditioner remotes that have a LCD display to inform the user of the current mode of operation, sends all the commands to the air conditioner receiver in a single transmission, this is, the mode, temperature, timer, and all other functions that the remote can modify.
You can't emulate the A/C remote the same way that a DVD remote for example because the DVD remote sends single commands on each keypress, the A/C remote sends the status of all commands. When the correct commands are received and interpreted by the controller inside the air conditioner, it beeps.
The communication code when sent from the remote is similar to this:

COMMAND_START;MODE;TEMP;FAN;TIME;TIMER_ON;TIMER_OFF;ION;SWING;SLEEP;COMMAND_END

The entire code is transmitted when a single function changes in the remote.
Zim_256

Postby Artstar » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Given that I'm keen to order one of these UIRT's to control the air con in my equipment room while I'm overseas, is there no way to get this device to send such command strings to the air con unit? That is, if I had all the desired settings programmed into the remote control and just try to teach the UIRT by pressing the on/off button, would it not be able to pick up the entire strings as necessary for on/off operation?
Artstar

Postby Zim_256 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:57 am

You can put the remote in AUTO mode and try to capture the complete command string when you push the ON / OFF button separately when the air turns on and off, but since it's longest than the majority of remote controls, the program may not be able to save the whole command.
Zim_256

Postby Artstar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Sadly, that did not work either. What I don't understand is why are long commands an issue? Is this a limitation of the USB-UIRT hardware or the software (such as Girder, etc)?
Artstar

Same Issue - Panasonic A/C not able to be controlled

Postby automation_man » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:27 pm

When I can get the USB-UIRT to read the remote, it only records 4 blocks of data no mater what settings I try, and that is after it has reported "timeout waiting for UIR thread"
The four blocks are always 0000 006D 0000 0000 and obviously never sees the end of the transmission because of the timeout it reports.
Any suggestions anyone?
Twitter: automation_man
automation_man

Return to Troubleshooting