USB-UIRT sends channel commands twice on one zone only

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT sends channel commands twice on one zone only

Postby mike » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:41 am

I have a USB-UIRT which is used to control two boxes for FIOS (1 6200 HD box and a standard box, both use the same commands). I use SageTV (latest version).

I have had this working using zones 1 and 2 (the zones coming from the rear when using a mono splitter. I do not use the front blaster. It has been working fine. I was travelling but it stopped changing channels properly for one box a few days back.

After troubleshooting I found that every time a channel command was sent to one of the boxes, it would send each channel digit twice. For example, if I hit 0, it will show up as 0 0.

I swapped ir emitters to rule that out, no change. I reversed the way they were controlled to confirm that the emitters were good, which did appear to be a positive test.

What I was able to tell was that one zone had the issue and the other zone did not. The codes were fine as if I pointed the same codes at the other box (using the other zone) it would work fine.

I even replaced the splitter on the back. No change.

I then also tried playing with repeat count in the ir settings and the delays, setting it at various repeat counts still showed the issue. Delays did not help either. Again, note the same codes still work fine on the other channel, and the codes were working fine until recently.

Has anyone seen anything like this or have any recommendations? I am not using Girder, so I was not able to try the anti repeat setting (but again, the codes work fine on the other box).
mike

Postby mike » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:29 pm

Bump.

Anyone seen anything like this?
mike

Return to Troubleshooting