LED constantly blinking/flashing

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

LED constantly blinking/flashing

Postby katamara » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:53 pm

I've been using my USBUIRT for a little while now on a new BTV -Link machine without any problems. However the past 2 weeks, it seems that once a day, the USBUIRT LED will just keep flashing on and off very rapidly.

At first I thought it might have been some rogue IR signal being transmitted from somewhere in the room. I have since figured out that it is not that. I can completly cover the USBUIRT and shield all signals possibly getting in. I have also tried it in several different rooms, on different computers, and it will still constantly blink on/off.

I have found that if I leave the unit disconnected for some period of time, i can plug it back in, and it will work again.....until the next day.

I've searched thru the forums, and did not see where anyone else had this type of problem.

Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong? I tend to think it might be a problem with the USBUIRT itself since I have the same problem when I plug it into different computers.

PS the WAF is going down real fast when this problem arises.....and I dont think I need to tell anyone, that's NOT good. :)
katamara

Postby katamara » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:25 am

How do I go about getting support? I've posted here, and I've also emailed support and I've still have not yet received any replies. I think I have a broken usbuirt. Is there any way I can get a replacement?
katamara

Postby krys » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:22 am

mine is doing the same thing
krys

Postby slayman » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:22 am

I just setup mine today. It wasn't changing channels properly so I ran Beyondtv setup again to reconfigure the usbuirt. After I did that, I went to change a channel and it then starting continuous blinking. So far, I haven't been able to resolve the issue.
slayman

Return to Troubleshooting