usb-uirt repeats numbers with Beyond TV

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

usb-uirt repeats numbers with Beyond TV

Postby genghiskhen » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:59 pm

I am using Beyond TV (latest version, 4.8.2 I think) with Verizon FIOS (SD only) and a Motorola DCT700 cable box. The DCT700 is not included in the usb-uirt pre-configured list but I used the Motorola 2000 model and the codes appeared to be the same. I had my usb-uirt working well for a few weeks and then I noticed that some of my recordings were on the wrong channels. I experimented and found I could no longer change channels through Beyond TV. The remote that came with the cable box still works fine.

I reran Beyond TV setup and I have experimented extensively with the settings. The setup screen that changes channels is not helpful because my cable box does not indicate what channel I am on. When I get to the setup screen for the picture and volume I can see (in the video box) the usb-uirt sending repeating numbers. For example, to change to channel 2 I see the screen display:

Error message about channel too long
Error message no channel exists

To change to channel 1951 I see something like this with error messages interspersed:

So what changed? I don’t think I had 4 digit channels before Verizon changed the lineup and I cannot remember if I had the usb-uirt set to pad. Since it stopped working I have tried it with “send enterâ€
genghiskhen

Postby slayman » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:26 am

Try running the beyondtv setup again and choose edit existing source. When you get to the screen for configuring urt, choose repeat 1 instead of the default of 6.

Unfortunately, when I did this my urt staring continous blinking so I hope u do not run into that.
slayman

Return to Troubleshooting