Transmitting learned codes don't work (most of the time)

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Transmitting learned codes don't work (most of the time)

Postby dj dafreund » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:52 am

I just reported how awesome this gadget is after trying for 2 minutes, then after messing around more, i noticed some serious issues i'm seeming to have. I learned my TV power button and at 1st it was working. Now, i learned some other buttons, and they did not work, nor did any of my cable box commands work either. I do have the 56mhz model. Also, i randomly, somewhat more then not, start getting "ERROR, Timeout waiting for UIR Thread" error message, and even though the red light lights when i push a remote button, it gives me the error message and won't recognize/work, i have to disable the plugin, and re-enable again to get it to work again.

What could be causing this??? Errors, as well as remote learned buttons not working/sometimes works. What are the conditions for how close you have to hold the remote to the box when learning? Seems, when i hold it pretty close and learn, the TV buttons work most every time ALMOST. Any help is appreciated. So far the biggest reason i got it for (controlling my Digital Cable Box) isn't working yet at all. Any help is appreciated. I just want to get this thing working right.

I figured it shouldn't matter what distance (reasonable) i hold the remote to learn is, the status goes all the way up and stops just like it does when i hold it real close (which mostly works when TV buttons)
dj dafreund

Postby jrhees » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:27 pm

dj dafreund,

Please see my email...

Best Regards,

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby samgreco » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:22 pm

Jon,

If you have an answer to this, I'd like to see it. I've been having very similar problems. If I use my Pronto codes, everything works EXCEPT my RCA UltimateTV. So I tried learning those and that didn't work either.

Sam
samgreco

Postby dj dafreund » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:08 pm

Thanx Jrhees!! I'll definitely try that. Also, i wanted to mention that after getting some CCF files for my cable box, and tv,and dvd player and a program to pull the Pronto IR code, they work just fine. And noticed that the cable box freq. apparently use the 56khz freq. (Thank GOD i bought that version- phew!!)

So i'm sure your answer should be exactly what i need. Thank you again.

-Dave
dj dafreund

Postby jrhees » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:42 pm

samgreco,

I privately sent dj dafreund a pre-release version of the new firmware and Girder plugin. This affects *learning* IR codes and should not affect imports from Pronto. Anyway, I haven't finished documentation for the new version but if you're interested in trying it anyway, you can email uirtsupport@earthlink.net and request it.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting