USB UIRT MCE remote works but not emitters

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

USB UIRT MCE remote works but not emitters

Postby BiSHGoD » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:37 pm

Hello.
I have SageTV 6 running with 2 Hauppauge 250 MCEs. Sage was working fine with 2 coax sources going direct into the tuners. I used a MCE remote with a USB-UIRT to change channels.

I moved and now have 2 DCT700 STBs for Sage. I plug them in via composite and get video. I can use the cable provider's (Comcast) remote to tune the STB direct and it works fine. Using the MCE remote via USB-UIRT doesn't work.

I plug the stereo jack emitter that came with the USB-UIRT into the USB-UIRT and put the emitter right infront of the STB. I try and change the channel and get nothing.

I deleted my sources and when I add them I select USB-UIRT as the external tuner and get the following error:
"Failed Setting the Infrared Transmitter port. Please ensure that it is connected and no other programs are using it".

I downloaded the newest USB UIRT drivers and run the uninstall that came with it but it says it can't find the driver. I look in my device manager and don't see an obvious device. I do have "Microsoft eHome Infrared transceiver" but don't know if thats it or if i installed a wrong driver years ago.

I try and update the driver with the downloaded one but it says the hardware isn't right.

Anything I can do to get this working?

Thanks!
BiSHGoD

Return to Troubleshooting