usb-uirt not working

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

usb-uirt not working

Postby macsupergeek » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:11 am

My UIRT stopped working. I used to be to press a button, light would blink on the the UIRT and it control my SageTV setup. It also worked just fine to tune my SA Explorer 4200 to a channel so my hauppage 150 could record through composite. Now all of the sudden the light no longer flashes and if I use the menu guide or a preprogrammed recording the UIRT doesn't change the channel if I load up irnhelper.exe it and try and learn an IR code it comes up with a pop-up that says "Time-out waiting for UIR Thread". It says the same thing in SageTV 6.5.3 when I tried to re-setup my UIRT. Any ideas? Dead UIRT?
macsupergeek

Postby canoewhiteh2o » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:08 pm

I would try a clean install on another PC and only load the drivers and lrnhelper. If lrnhelper won't function, then you probably have a uirt hardware issue.

GaryB
canoewhiteh2o

uirt

Postby macsupergeek » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:48 am

I was thinking about doing that, the machine I want to do that to wasn't ready yet. If it is in fact usable on the clean install system, do you know of any post or other location that lists how to fully and completely remove the uirt loaded software to start from scratch? I have done am uninstall, but I bet some of the drivers linger. I am also wondering if its a USB issue, as I have 6 usb slots on the machine and 4 of them are used up with external USB drives. I think my next step will be to eliminate all peripherials but the uirt and go from there.
macsupergeek

Return to Troubleshooting