Homeseer 2.2.11 refuses code injected from Learn Helper

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Homeseer 2.2.11 refuses code injected from Learn Helper

Postby Steve Q » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:47 am

I am a longtime USBUIRT user. I have approx 100 codes that I send to 3 different zones routinely using Homeseer. The USBUIRT has been working flawlessly for 2 years.

I recently got a Sony HDTV. I was able to find the discrete ON and OFF codes and successfully use Learn Helper to get them into Homeseer. Everything works fine.

I have now added another Sony TV in my office where the Homeseer computer lives. I found the discrete codes for it and again I was able to get the ON code into Homeseer via Learn Helper. ON works fine. However after trying multiple times I am not able to get Homeseer to accept the OFF code. I can get the Pronto code into Learn Helper and the code works properly when transmitted from Learn Helper. When I inject the code into Homeseer, it is accepted, but when I send it from Homeseer, nothing happens; the LED does not flash like it should.

After looking closely at the Pronto codes, it turns out that the discrete ON and OFF codes are identical for both Sony TVs. But I want to send them to different zones.

I have also examined the registry entries (501 and 502 versus 601 and 602) and it turns out that the discrete codes for the TVs are not the same? The codes on zone 2 (501 and 502) work fine but the zone 3 codes (601 and 602) are different. The ON works the OFF does not work.

Can anyone offer some suggestions!

Steve Q
Steve Q

Postby jrhees » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:03 pm

You may want to compare the registry codes to the codes you got from the web. Perhaps HS is truncating the codes or somethign

Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby jrhees » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:03 pm

You may want to compare the registry codes to the codes you got from the web. Perhaps HS is truncating the codes or somethign

Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Steve Q » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:31 pm

I found a work-around to the problem.

It turns out that the discrete codes for both Sony TVs are the same. So , although I could not get the second set of codes into Homeseer via the USBUIRT Learn Helper utility program (I still don't know why!), I was able to use REGEDIT to copy the HDTV codes into the registry locations for the other TV. Now both TVs are controlled by Homeseer, independant from each other. (They are on different zones)

Steve Q
Steve Q

Return to Troubleshooting