Anyone got multiple USB-UIRT to work in EventGhost?

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Anyone got multiple USB-UIRT to work in EventGhost?

Postby coch » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:36 am

Hi, I just bought a second USB-UIRT, the driver installed just fine and the light reacts to IR codes. However, EventGhost only seems to use one of the two.
Does anybody have a EventGhost plugin that could deal with the two USB-UIRT's? I don't even need the two UIRT's to do something different, I just want either UIRT to react the same way to my IR remote.
Since both UIRT's seem to work properly, I suspect this may have to do with EventGhost only processing IR events based on windows Hardware ID (or Instance ID perhaps). Playing with Devcon.exe with the hope of making an Eg script that would disable/enable either device one at a time did not help either (or I cannot figure out to make it work).

Alternatively, if anyone could suggest another software that would be "lightweight" like EventGhost I could try that as well.
coch

Postby chambersj » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:07 am

I would like to bump this request to see if 2 USB-UIRT's can be used with Eventghost. Unlike coch, I would like to be able to tell which UIRT I send the command to. I would like to control identical equipment (xbox running xbmc) in two different rooms. So I would need to be able to direct which UIRT I send the "power off" command so I don't end my daughters movie when I want to shut the living room xbox down.

Thanks,

J
chambersj

Return to Troubleshooting