USB-UIRT returning Failed to transmit errors but changing ch

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT returning Failed to transmit errors but changing ch

Postby perfessor101 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:52 am

My USB-UIRT is currently returning Failed to Transmit Errors, but changing channels.

The software that does the recording doesn't save the recording if the USB-UIRT returns an error.

I am using V1.4 drivers ... the system has been stable for a long time and now I'm having USB-UIRT problems.

Any Suggestions?

I've reinstalled the driver twice since this started happening.

Thanks for your time,

Bobby
perfessor101

Postby jrhees » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:11 pm

What application/software are you using to transmit to the USB-UIRT?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

SageTV is doing the tuning ... Debug View by sysinternals...

Postby perfessor101 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:51 pm

SageTV is doing the tuning ... Debug View by sysinternals is showing the errors. I don't have any current log files with errors but it was happening a lot over the last two weeks.

I ran Spinrite on one of the drives and the recordings started saving again ... but the USB-UIRT transmit errors continued popping up in Debug View and most times it would tune the channel correctly irregardless of the errors. Before running spinrite I copied files to and from the drive, created and deleted a few manually, ran a checkdisk with bad block scan of whole disk which all worked without error.

The computer rebooted at 12:10 am this morning while I was at work so I don't have a current log file with errors.

Thanks for your time,
Bobby

ps - "DebugView" may have always been periodically showing transmit errors with the USB-UIRT I just didn't start running it until there was a problem recording and that was the first stream of errors I saw and thought it was related to the recording problem.
perfessor101

My USB-UIRT is currently returning Failed to Transmit Errors

Postby perfessor101 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:20 pm

My USB-UIRT is currently returning Failed to Transmit Errors, but NOT correctly changing channels.

I am using SageTV and I was getting a good enough hit rate on the USB-UIRT channel changes it wasn't too much of an issue but last night five out of seven (sunday) channel changes were incorrect. (monday, four out of seven)
(by the end of feb 2008 about 50 percent hit rate)

I've noticed there are "secondary" tunning settings in the sage.properties file besides those in the ir tuning device files. Could these be confusing the USB-UIRT (or me) by ignoring or adding extra repeats to the .ir configuration files?

thanks for your time,
Bobby

ps - I have log files ....
perfessor101

wrong 5 out of 5 times do 2.02.04 drivers work with XP?

Postby perfessor101 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:59 pm

Hello,

The USB-Uirt I've been using (well two different ones are both throwing errors from their debug script) was wrong on five out of five channel changes last night.

I was curious are the 2.02.04 drivers for Vista compatible under Windows XP?

Please help ...

I had no troubles for the longest time with the v1.3 drivers and nothing but inconsistent tuning since with v1.3 and v1.4. I've tried going back but it looks like Microsoft broke them with an update.

One questing would be what do all the codes in the *.ir file stand for ... I've never found a complete explanation from two different people that match as to their opinion.

Thanks for your time,
Bobby
perfessor101

Return to Troubleshooting