Error in geting USB-UIRT to work

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Error in geting USB-UIRT to work

Postby hiddabi » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:42 pm

Hi –
I gust received yesterday my USB-UIRT and I did the following to see how it works:

1- I downloaded USBUIRT Drivers v1_4

2- I plugged my USB-UIRT in one of my laptop USB ports.

3- Window asked me for driver and I pointed the search for the deriver to USBUIRT Drivers v1_4 folder

4- Window found the deriver and indicated that the device is ready to use

5- I downloaded “lrnhelper_0_0_3â€
hiddabi

SAME ISSUE!

Postby gpalen » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:06 pm

I'm having the same problem on both Vista Business and XP (I tried moving my unit to my XP box to make sure it wasn't a Vista issue). My USB-UIRT is OLD though and I just updated the firmware to 5.4 as part of getting my new system up and running and it's not working at all (hasn't worked on the new Vista box at all)
Greg
St Louis, MO
gpalen

Postby canoewhiteh2o » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:50 am

I am not sure if it will help but you may try using the newer version of Irhelper which can be downloaded here:
http://www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_5.zip

I use my usbuirt on my laptop which has Vista Business edition with no problems. I also have used it with several XP machines. One thing I did find with Vista is that it would not work even though the driver seemed to load if I tried to install the usbuirt dll in the Windows folder. I created a USB-UIRT folder in the Program Files folder and put the dll there and everything worked fine. I am sure this has to do with some of the new security features in Vista.

One last thing, if you are plugged into a hub I remove that and plug directly to the PC just to remove the hub from the equation.

GaryB
canoewhiteh2o

Return to Troubleshooting