Problems controlling a Sony STR-DB780 Receiver (LIRC)

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Problems controlling a Sony STR-DB780 Receiver (LIRC)

Postby krizze » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:12 pm

Bought an USB-UIRT a few weeks back, and got it working with my cable box with LIRC 0.8.2. The problem is however not the cable box, but the Sony STR-DB780 receiver, which has a remote control named RM-U305C.

First tried a template for this remote that I found in the remotes.tar.bz2 file (don't remember where I found this, probably lirc.org). The config file was called RM-U305C.irman, and I pasted it into my lircd.conf, restarted lircd and fired up irsend.

First thing I get is a nice "timeout" message, and after googling around I find out that this message goes away by removing the min_repeat option from the config. Done. Trying it again. No errors, my UIRT flash up nice and red, but the receiver does nothing. Try different buttons, but no luck.

I then try to record a new config file with irrecord, multiple times, but still the same problem: The receiver doesn't get it. I also got the timeout message here first, and I'm wondering if this has something to do with it?
I honestly don't know, but I would really like to get this working (the cable box remote works fine, and changing channels in MythTV is done automatically, but I still have to use a separate remote to adjust my volume, and to avoid this was the main reason for buying this thing).

Also tried the same procedure on another computer, with the same results on self recorded codes, but when using the RM-U305C.irman template, I got:

# irsend SEND_ONCE Sony-RM-U305C sony-av-vol-
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE Sony-RM-U305C sony-av-vol-
irsend: transmission failed

Really hope someone can help me with this, it's been eating the back of my brain for too long :P

Just a question at last: What's up with the forum sending my post to hell when I use a little time on it!? Had to write this twice, so this version is a little less detailed than the other one (back button in my browser gave me a nice blank textfield). If more details are needed, feel free to ask, I'm kinda new at this. =)
krizze

Postby krizze » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:12 pm

*bump*

No suggestions?
krizze

Postby krizze » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:59 pm

Well, I guess the linux drivers aren't good enough for this device. A cheap serial irblaster did the trick without a hitch.
krizze

Return to Troubleshooting