Dish receiver and USBUIRT

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Dish receiver and USBUIRT

Postby dgeffs » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:28 pm

I've heard rumors that some Dish receivers use 56kHZ IR. I am having an odd problem trying to control my 622 and thought perhaps I might need the additional 56kHZ receiver model instead of the normal USBUIRT.

All IR commands learned via the USBUIRT and played back work fine and flash the emitter (stereo jack) at the proper intensity except those for the Dish STB. All commands for the Dish receiver flash at a very low intensity and can not be used to contol the box at all.

This indicates (to me) that perhaps the frequency of the Dish stuff is not the same as my other components and the higher frequency results in a lower output via the jack.

Do I need the 56kHZ verison of USBUIRT to control a Dish STB? Even though the USBUIRT will play back most any frequency what about learning a higher frequency? Does the 56kHZ receiver help in that situation?

Dale
dgeffs

Postby dgeffs » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:30 pm

Perhaps I had too many questions in my intitial message so I'll simplify.

Hey Jon, do you think a 56kHZ USBUIRT might help learn my Dish STB IR codes a little better?

Dale
dgeffs

Postby dgeffs » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:40 pm

And the answer for those who may run into this problem is yes. The 56kHZ USBUIRT produces a slightly more powerful flash that enables the DISH VIP622 to recognize the IR when learned through CQC and played back.
dgeffs

Dish Network Echostar 4700

Postby eightiesboi » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:22 pm

Hi.

I have been trying to get my brand-spanking-new USB-UIRT to work with my old Dish Network Echostar 4700. I have tried using the codes listed for that model, and I have also tried using the remote to teach the codes to the USB-UIRT. Either way is no go. Nothing at all happens. My MCE Blaster changes the channels just fine, but from USB-UIRT, I get nada.

Help!
eightiesboi

Return to Troubleshooting