Odd USB-UIRT problem

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Odd USB-UIRT problem

Postby Alvane » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:57 pm

Hello,

I'm rather baffled by this problem, but I'm desperately trying to make use of my USB-UIRT, but unfortunately, I am unable to make any use of it with anything except for GB-PVR, but I've been unable to work it out, despite hours of searching. I apologise if I'm missing something obvious.

If I try to use the lrnhelper application, it gets an IR signal event but nothing is ever learnt (I am holding the remote correctly, 6 inches away, and have tried many many combinations, to no avail. The received event keeps flashing, but nothing is ever learnt). I tried to use the uuxt application to transmit an event, but nothing happens. I tried to use the free EventGhost program, but it fails to access the USBUIRT and cannot even get the firmware information. I tried the demo of IRControl, but it is unable to communicate with the USB-UIRT. Yet, in GB-PVR, I set up it up, it learnt the codes without a single problem, and transmits them with no problem.

Am I doing something incredibly stupid or wrong or missing something?

I'd really like to be able to use lrnhelper to get some IR Codes and uutx to retransmit them in particular, but I seem to be having no luck at all.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions

Thanks in advance
Alvane

Return to Troubleshooting