Homeseer IR Match

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Homeseer IR Match

Postby johnnybwis » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:04 am

I have several IR signals learned. Some that I send out from the usb uirt to control equipment from the pc and some that the usb uirt receives and homeseer then triggers events. I am trying to add new trigger event by IR match but I think something is broke. As a test I was able to add a signal to control the stereo power button and it worked as it should. I just cannot get homeseer to see the IR match and trigger an event.
johnnybwis

Postby mrceolla » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:36 am

I too am having this problem. Does the USB UIRT developer still frequent this forum?

Some IR codes are sent and detected just fine, but others are only sent and do not seem to get detected.

Please help...

Mike
mrceolla

Postby mrceolla » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:28 am

I think I've figured it out.

The problem seems to occur when you have the same IR code learned at different signal locations (0-999). Deleting the entry via HS does not delete the code from the registry. Therefore, this alone will not fix the problem.

I needed to go through the registry and delete all signal locations that I was no longer using. See, I would use random locations for testing purposes and then relearn it to it's permanent location. This is how I got duplicate entries.

My guess is that the HS plugin for the UIRT goes through every registry listing until it finds a match. If it finds a code match before getting to the singal location that you're using for the match, the match won't happen.

One final note, it seems you need to restart HS after deleting the UIRTs registry entries in order for the changes to occur..

Hope this helps someone.

Mike
mrceolla

Return to Troubleshooting