usb-uirt -- linux --lirc --dish 301 -- Any suggestions?

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

usb-uirt -- linux --lirc --dish 301 -- Any suggestions?

Postby shadowvcd » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:03 am

Has anyone had success transmitting to a dish network receiver using lirc?

I'm using lirc-0.8.2. I've tried all the stock dish lircd.conf files available from lirc.org. I'm unable to record my own dish lircd.conf file using irrecord, because I don't have the optional 56khz ir detector.

The usbuirt works receiving and transmitting to my A/V receiver.
It also worked transmitting a channel change to the dish receiver using windows and Yahoo Go TV.

The best I've done is the same as described in this post where the info button works but no other button will work.

http://www.usbuirt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... ight=#9381

I've tried both lirc-0.8.2 with the built in usbuirt support, and the patched lirc-0.7.1 with the same result.

Its obviously an lirc problem. I just want to know if anyone has been able to use a usbuirt to transmit to a dish receiver using lirc successfully. And if so to guide me in the right direction
shadowvcd

Postby bradpvr » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:27 pm

Hey

Do you have the steps involved in getting it to work at all? I can't seem to even get that far.

I do however have the 56khz module in mine, no good if I can't even get anything to work though heh.

Thanks!
Brad
bradpvr

Postby shadowvcd » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:28 pm

Which Linux distro are you using?

I'm using Gentoo.

As per http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Talk:USB-UIRT

Lirc-0.8.1 and above works pretty much out of the box for the USB-UIRT once I recompiled the kernel with CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_FTDI_SIO setting.

I compiled lirc the gentoo way and also compiled manually as per the above link with the same result.

Worked out of the box except for transmitting to my dish receiver.
shadowvcd

Postby bradpvr » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:34 pm

I'm using Debian. Looks simple enough I guess.

How do you test it?
bradpvr

Return to Troubleshooting