Can only send 25 transmission in a row using managed DLL

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Can only send 25 transmission in a row using managed DLL

Postby kmcgrail » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:21 am

Anyone have any idea why I can only 24 or 25 Ir transmissions before everything stops working?

I have a simple c# app that records and plays back commands. I'm using the managed dll that was created by someone on this board.I record two commands, then set those two commands in a loop delayed 10sec between. Everything works fine up until the 24th or 25th transmission, then it stops sending.

Any ideas? Or do you need more info?

thanks,
kmcgrail

Postby kmcgrail » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:12 am

I should mention i also tried this with the testapp I downloaded from this site. I set it to loop the commands, and it still only sent 25 successfully.

I also set it to send 20 transmissions, then created a new Controller and tried to send 20 more. It stopped during on the 5th transmission on the sencond Controller i created.

AHhhh :)
kmcgrail

Postby kmcgrail » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:11 pm

Does anyone else have the test app that can learn and transmit commands? If you do, can you do me a small favor?

Try learning a command, then transmitting it with the blocking transmit. Does the call ever return, or does it hang forever?

Thanks
kmcgrail

Postby kmcgrail » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:09 pm

Turns out it was a problem with the version of the compiled DLL I was running. I went back to the original sample zip and grabbed that dll, and everything started working normally.

This product is fantastic, and it does exactly what I was looking for. I can now send 1000s and 1000s of transmissions with no problems.

I just want to say that the support is great, and helped me pinpoint this issue in a matter of hours.

Thanks,
kmcgrail

Return to Troubleshooting