Problems to change channel on DEC-3000s via IR-emitter

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Problems to change channel on DEC-3000s via IR-emitter

Postby oaamaas » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:06 am

I use SagetTV 6.x and Girder 3.3 with USB-UIRT. In addition to internal tuners in the PC I have two external boxes (one DVB-C and the DEC-3000s from Hauppauge for DVB-S). IR signal for channel change on the external boxes are sent from the UIRT by a dual IR-emitter (can't remember the make), controlled by SageTV (not by Girder).

The problem is the channel change on the DEC-3000s. Setup and learning of IR codes in SageTV went perfect, but in use channels are only changed on the DEC for odd-numbered channels (i.e. 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9). Even-numbered channels are not tuned in at all after UIRT has sent the signal (DEC receives "something" but does not change channel), dual digit channels are a real nightmare The blinking on the UIRT does not seem to differ between odd and even number, I've tried re-programming the IR codes several times in SageTV (all, only the even numbered), I've played around with SageTV settings (number of digits, time between IR codes and on). The other unit (DVB-C) works perfect with this setup - so I also tried to switch the IR-emitters in case one of them was damaged. None of these actions actually had any effect at all.

When trying to switch channels using the DEC remote everything works OK, all the time.

The above leads me to think there must be an issue with the UIRT together with the DEC-3000s and probably also for some other devices. I'm lost - can anyone help?

And yes: SageTV 6.1.7 RC (older versions had the same issue), SageMC STV 6.3.1, Girder 3.3.1, UIRT Girder Plugin 2.6.9, UIRT drivers 1.4 (FTDI 3.1.2.0).
oaamaas

Postby jrhees » Tue May 01, 2007 11:53 pm

Contact support@usbuirt.com and we'll walk you through manually testing each code.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting