Homeseer IR device status doesn't update in event

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Homeseer IR device status doesn't update in event

Postby Stoommaaltijd » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:56 pm

Hello all.

I have a small problem which I am curious about if anyone knows how to solve it.

This is about Homeseer (2.0.2041.0), using the most recent plugin for usbuirt (1.1.0.0). I started using the unit about a week ago.

I have defined an IR device, which are blinds operated by infrared. I have had HS learn the IR codes, fiddled with the repeats etc and got everything working. (Manual activation using the control button/screen in the Device screen... and time controlled event triggering... etc)

Everything works apart from the status the device has in the Device list screen. When I open or close the blinds manually (pressing the control button and then the open or close button I have on the following screen) the status does update to the defined labels: 'open' and 'close' respectively.

However, whenever HS opens and closes the blinds based on the defined event (which uses as action the 'send infrared' command), the status in the device/status screen remains unchanged. This is also true, by the way, but I didn't think much of, when you use the 'send' button in the IR Signal Configuration screen.

So the only time the status is updated is when I use the buttons I get to from the 'control' button in the device list.

I know this is a small irritation but I am still kind of annoyed by it especially since everything else seems to work so well.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Eric
Stoommaaltijd

Return to Troubleshooting