Selecting USB input port in Sage for USB-UIRT slows system

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Selecting USB input port in Sage for USB-UIRT slows system

Postby Pantheis » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:52 pm

I have successfully installed the USB-UIRT controller and it is able to send channel change commands to my cable box.

What is NOT working is usinb the USB-UIRT to receive from my remotes. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there about how to go about configuring this, so I may have some odd setting incorrect.

From what I have been able to gather, you simply need to go into SageTV's advanced config and under the commands section, set the IR input to USB.

As soon as I do this on my system, the system starts chugging like I'm encoding a DVD in the background. Sage's menus get extremely slow and unresponsive. I CAN navigate with the mouse or keyboard, but screen updates are a good 5-10 seconds apart.

Clicking into the learn commands screen does nothing. Sage will NOT see my controller. The USB-UIRT IS seeing the IR as the red LED lights up whenever I press a button on the remote.

If I set the IR input selection on Sage back to None, it immediately speeds right back up.

I'm using the latest SageTV as of this posting, (V2.1 i believe), and I have done a complete reinstall of the SageTV software, including deleting my Frey directory and reinstalling from scratch.

I have also removed the IRRemote software from Hauppage, as well as unplugged the IR recievier from the PVR-250 card.

Any ideas? This is driving me insane!
Pantheis

Postby jrhees » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:50 pm

First, please verify you are using the latest API driver. This driver is named 'uuirtdrv.dll' and is located in your Windows\System32 folder. Replace it with the latest version which can be had at www.usbuirt.com/latestAPIDriver.zip and restart and see if that has any effect.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Pantheis » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:09 am

I have already verified I'm using the latest uuirtdrv.dll and it is located in the correct location.

After I posted this, I tried restarting again, for the heck of it, and for some reason SageTV behaved itself this time. I'm not sure why the previous restarts didn't resolve the problem and the last one did, but it seems to be working fine now.

Now I just need to program SageTV for all of the Hauppage remote commands.

Thanks!
Pantheis

Return to Troubleshooting