Wake from S3 not working under Vista, did under XP

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Wake from S3 not working under Vista, did under XP

Postby BrunDog » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:03 pm

All,

I am new to this forum but not to the UIRT. I have had one for the past few years and it has worked flawlessly until recently.

The UIRT would wake my XP MCE box from S3 without any problems. Likewise, my gyration keyboard and mouse would too. IIRC, I did have to put the USBBIOSx and/or USBBIOSHacks key(s) in my registry in order for it to work. But once I did, it worked great.

About a month ago, I upgraded the box to Vista (RTM) with a clean install. I made no hardware changes. And now, it will not wake from S3 (or Sleep mode, which is a hybrid of standby and hibernate (S4), replacing desktop standby in Vista). I have tried the registry hacks mentioned above. I have made sure everything is set properly in the BIOS (it was) and in Device Manager (it was, including all power management tabs allowing wake from standby). I have even tried swapping USB ports. I have programmed the flash for the wake command using the girder plugin (2.6.9) and everything else under Girder (4) works well. in addition, my gyration keyboard and mouse work properly and wake the system as always.

Now I don't know if Vista does something different in order to wake from S3, but I am having a hard time believing it would, as this should be BIOS level. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with Vista? I dont want to go back to XP since my Vista system and MCE are much more stable.

Thanks in advance.

-BD
BrunDog

Postby belzebutt » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:47 pm

Exact same problem here... USBUIRT works great except it doesn't wake the PC. I can dual-boot into XP on the same system and it works fine.
belzebutt

Postby belzebutt » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:25 am

Well I fixed it, you have to disable S4 (hybrid sleep mode) and instead force it to use S3 (standby), like XP uses. Seems like USBUIRT does not support wake from S4.
belzebutt

Postby jksmurf » Mon May 12, 2008 1:38 am

I'm in the same situation as Brundog, it doesn't change channels in GBPVR after sleeping. If I unplug and replug the USB, it sees it. VERY VERY annoying. How do I change from S4 to force S3?

TIA

k.
jksmurf

Return to Troubleshooting