problem with USBUIRT and ECHOSTAR

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

problem with USBUIRT and ECHOSTAR

Postby astropolly » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:21 pm

I have a dish PVR 625, and I'm trying to control it using IR Command 2 and a USBUIRT. I can train the USBUIRT using the remote, and it says it is successfully trained. When I use it however, only the TV functions work. I can control the TV volume from 10' away without any problem. However if I try a SAT function it doesn't work even if I am close enough to see the reflection of the USBUIRT off the satellite receiver.

I can see the USBUIRT is sending out a signal, and I can only assume that it is the same signal that I trained, but it just doesn't control anything.
astropolly

Postby jrhees » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:37 am

Try learning the code(s) in LrnHelper www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_5.zip and if that still doesn't work, contact support.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby astropolly » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:48 pm

that worked great, so I am assuming the problem is either in the software I am using, or in the way that I am using it. Thank you very much for your help. Its good to know that this hardware will do exactly what I need.
astropolly

Dish DVR 625

Postby cworoberts » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:32 am

Can not control my DVR 625 via the uirt. The codes are learned but do not work. Other equipment works just fine.
Tried installing the lrnhelper.exe but get an error that the uirt can not be found.

Help please!
cworoberts

Return to Troubleshooting